Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I don't care

I don't care that  Bill O'Reilly is gone from Fox News, just as I didn't care he was there in the first place.

I don't care where he goes.  History teaches us that viruses like O'Reilly never go away.  Like herpes, he will flare up again.  I won't be surprised to see him on MSNBC, which has a mania for Murdoch's sloppy seconds. 

I don't care if Bellow had the highest-rated cable "news" show for twenty years.  For a considerable part of that time Bill Cosby had the highest-rated network sitcom.  And now?

I don't care that the haters will have to recalibrate their daily rage to little Tucker Carlson.   The disorientation will do them good.

I don't care how much Fox paid him to go away.  Money well spent.  Of course, I'm not a News Corporation stockholder who's been paying for his swinishness all these years.

I care about the women at Fox who now work in a less toxic atmosphere, but realistically, what had they to fear from a broken-down drunk?  At least one said O'Reilly's harassment consisted of making dirty phone calls and trying to masturbate.  As his fellow pervert would tweet, "SAD!!"

I don't care if Bellow and his ghosts fill in the time with more book-like objects.  (Killing Garfield?  Killing Elvis?  Killing Mary Jo Kopechne?)  I don't have to read them.  Thanks to our Department of Educatuon (that's how they're spelling it), the next generation of Americans won't be able to read.

I.

Don't.

Care.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home