Thursday, May 18, 2017

They're with stupid

As bad as his one-on-one interviews are, there is a special level of loopy when Metamucilini faces the media alongside a visiting head of state.  He has fewer opportunities to out himself for obstruction of justice, as he did to Lester Holt, but a greater likelihood of giving us tantalizing glimpses of advancing dementia.  Today it was the turn of Juan Manuel Santos, president of Colombia, to stand before the White House's proliferating golden drapes and try not to look gobsmacked.

Asked about the number one topic of the week, this is what he said:

"The entire thing has been a witch hunt.  There is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can only speak for myself, and the Russians.  Zero.  I think it divides the country.  I think it divides the country between that and a lot of things."

Huh?  President Santos seemed to be thinking, "I studied English, I thought I was fluent.  I need to review those Berlitz tapes.  What the hell?"

And starting next week, a portion of the world gets to enjoy this audible diarrhea in person.  Translators and sign language interpreters are seriously underpaid. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home