Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pogue mahone

I wish I had nine dollars. Or a car. With every fill-up, the local service station is giving away a copy of Going Pogue, Sarah Palin's memoir of her years as a groupie with the Irish band. I believe. I haven't read it, or heard a thing about it. Has it been released? Books are no longer published, I've noticed, they're released, like movies and CDs, if there are still CDs. I understand that the ex-governor has embarked on a publicity tour, appearing with someone called Oprah and also at a cable news channel called Fox, too. I am just dying to hear what she has to say about Shane MacGowan. It must be pretty racy, because Newsweek put Sarah on the cover in a very suggestive type running outfit, and she is very angry. Naturally she wants to leave all that groupie business behind and get ready to run for president, in spite of elitist people making her look stupid by quoting from her book, and publishing pictures she once posed for, and blah blah blah.

Also two people from The Nation have chosen this very moment to bring out a book called Going Rouge, obviously hoping with such a similar title to fool people who are inexperienced at buying books. This is typical of the unfairness and hate that everybody directs at Sarah just because she used to sexually service a certain very good band. At least she was never filmed while doing so, which is more than I can say for some authors who are also promoting their books right now, also.

I sure hope the library has a copy. I sure hope there's still a library.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger M. Bouffant said...

Do not make such jokes. A suburb of Los Angeles closed its library recently, budget shortfalls the excuse.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home