Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Never again, ever again

 This is a profoundly evil country.

Founded on genocide and built by the enslaved, how could it be otherwise?

I was going to write about the Southern Baptist Convention and its comprehensive new sexual abuse scandal, concealed for decades by liars and hypocrites.

I was going to write about the apparently immortal war criminal Henry Kissinger, who has the solution for Ukraine:  Give Putin whatever he wants and apologize for the inconvenience.


I was going to write about this tweet from the governor of Texas but maybe I'll just let it stand.  Timing is everything, Greg.

I probably wasn't going to write about the big murder lobby shindig in Houston and its many distinguished speakers.  Now it might be interesting.  

I could hardly resist writing about Giuliani's freak-out at the Celebrate Israel parade.  He was exhausted from lying to the January 6 committee all day.  I was going to conclude, "Go home, Rudolph, you're drunk."  There will be other opportunities.

I was going to chortle at those fake signatures on Republican petitions in Michigan.  I'm only human.

But I am so.  Fucking.  Tired.



Schools scared to death. The truth is, one education under desks, Stooped low from bullets; That plunge when we ask Where our children Shall live & how & if


Amanda Gorman

National Youth Poet Laureate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home