Sunday, March 18, 2018

When words fail

The bagpipes have been put away, the last of the green beer is swirling down the drain, and it's time for another episode of "Guess the Bullshitter."  

"I watch nothing of me.  I didn't watch it because I knew they were all haters, and people will say things that are just not true, and there's nobody there to challenge them, and that would piss me off.  So why?  It's a beautiful day.  I'm about to play golf."

If you guessed Trump, come on.  Near-cogent sentences?  Not watching himself?  Don't be misled by the references to golf and "haters."  Give up?  That was O.J. Simpson explaining why Colin Kaepernick was wrong to disrespect "the flag" (he didn't), and why he doesn't care how many people believe he's a murderer.  If people insist on interviewing him, I'm sure he'll tell us Robert Mueller is on a witch hunt, Putin is a swell guy, and those damn kids need to go back to class and quit whining about a few mass murders.  If not for that felony conviction in Nevada, he could be the next Secretary of Whatever Job Just Opened Up.  Or ambassador to South Korea.

And now I'm out of words.  Tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home