Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Herschel Walker, Vampire Hunter

I assumed that next month Herschel Walker would grab a plane back to Texas and his career as a chicken entrepreneur and make-pretend sheriff, but then I heard this and I'm not sure.  No one has parodied befuddlement so well since Professor Irwin Corey.  The problem is, it's not parody.   If you can't bear to listen, there is a transcript.  

Can werewolves kill vampires?  

Last week Nikki Haley told a different Walker rally that she disagrees with Senator Raphael Warnock's statements about immigration and concluded that he should be "deported," although he was born in Savannah.  Warnock Derangement Syndrome is surprisingly virulent and widespread for such a courteous and conciliatory man, but I did not expect it to pop up in one of Walker's vampire fantasies.  Is there a chance Trump could come and campaign for Walker?  Maybe bring Doug Mastriano or Kari Lake now that they aren't so busy?  Make it so!

Here's the would-be Senator two days ago (translation needed):  "He [Warnock] paid himself for child care, all that stuff -- why don't he keep his own kids?  Don't have nobody keep your kids.  I keep my own, even though he lied about me."  "To say that he lacks self-awareness is an understatement," the Senator replied.  "We have only learned about most of his children during this race."  As has he.

Wait, there's more.

"If we was ready for the green agenda I'd raise my hand right now.  But we're not ready right now.  What we need to do is keep having those gas-guzzling cars cause we got the good emissions under those cars...We're doing the best that we can.  We need help.  Those other people not helping us.  China not helping us.  India not helping us.  But yeah, we're gonna do it all 'cause they're spendin' your money."

I have not a clue.  Fortunately he did not reiterate the theory of the Good Air and the Bad Air.  Or remind the crowd why trees are unnecessary. 

"We got people in Washington that have gotten too weak.  All they wanna do is let people ride their bike.  That's what Senator Warnock is doing.  Let Joe Biden ride his bike."  (Baby you can ride my bike...sorry, I drifted off.)

With nearly three weeks of this to go, I keep reminding myself that we're having a runoff because many people who voted for Brian Kemp could not bring themselves to vote for Walker.  Everyone has limits.  I don't see why those people would make a special effort to get to the polls again in December, especially since control of the Senate has been decided.  The important thing will be to be sure of a strong turnout for Warnock.  Failure is unthinkable.

Eugene McCarthy (possibly quoting someone else) observed that politics is like football -- you have to be smart enough to understand the rules and dumb enough to think it's important.  I'm starting to think the rules of football are not that hard to understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home