Friday, July 28, 2006

Twelve million and one

According to the New York Times, there are twelve million bloggers on this planet, mostly young, mostly suburban, and all replete with opinions. Some of their stuff is wonderful, much is tedious, and nobody could possibly read it all. I have sampled about a hundred blogs, and nobody seems to be typing for me, a middle-aged, currently unemployed urban woman who has an anarchic sense of humor and a lot of anger to discharge on a daily basis. The Middle East is exploding, the heat and humidity are rising, and I have a lot of time on my hands. Besides, I can't currently afford anti-psychotic drugs. What better time to join the chorus?

In the days to come, I expect to express a lot of immoderate opinions about politics, sports, movies, aging, fresh fruit, and an assortment of other topics. If someone reads them, so much the better, but this is mostly for me. It's just too hot to scream out the window.

Why Buttermilk Sky? I like the song.

1 Comments:

Blogger gmoke said...

I like the song too. Heard it first when I was a kid in the movie with Hoagy Carmichael singing it from the back of a mule, if I recall correctly, and "playing" a guitar.

A couple of years ago, I bought a book of Mr Carmichael's music and have played it for my own amusement a couple of times. Good stuff.

PS: I got here from the Siren.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home